POSITION: Social Media/General Intern
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 15 hours per week, 4-month commitment preferred. Must be available midday Tuesday and/or Thursdays.
SALARY: Unpaid; must be a student receiving credit in exchange for internship hours; Complimentary hair extensions and maintenance (yes, for realsies!)
Love’s In The Hair Extension Studio is Toronto’s answer to affordable hair extensions. We provide great quality hair extensions at a great price and have grown drastically in a short amount of time. We are looking for an intern who has an interest in start-ups, beauty, social media and marketing.
Description: Interns will gain training and experience in increasing brand awareness, driving internet traffic through social media, coordinating daily tasks, while always following best practices and staying in-line with the Love’s In The Hair brand. You will work closely with the owner. Applicants must be a student receiving credit for internship hours as part of their curriculum.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INTERNS WHO:
- Are not just smart, but resourceful.
- Come to the table with a solution to a problem.
- Take control of a situation with confidence and kindness.
- Don’t wait to be told to do something.
- Ask questions, participate, speak up and engage.
- Can work well with a team or on their own.
- Understand social media engagement.
- Are positive, enthusiastic and generally awesome.
- Love dogs
INTERNS MAY EXPERIENCE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Social media planning and engagement
- Conduct a variety of general administrative tasks as assigned
- Assist with marketing and public relations initiatives, and in-house event planning
- Help improve administration procedures
- Train new interns in general office procedures
- Greet guests and the general public; answer and route phone calls
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE THAT WE FIND USEFUL:
- Familiarity with social media best practices.
- WordPress a strong plus.
- Creative and outgoing.
- Must be passionate about business, beauty and entrepreneurship.
- A firm grasp on grammar, spelling, and punctuation is vital.
MINIMUM SHIFT REQUIREMENTS:
This is a part-time, four month long, unpaid internship which will prepare you with all of the necessary skills to gain meaningful employment in the beauty or business industry.
Interested applicants should send their resume to Miranda (at) lovesinthehair.com.
Please apply with a short cover letter and resume detailing your relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in Love’s In The Hair. This is an unpaid position.