- Do not wash hair up to 48 hours after initial application of extensions (micro-ring and micro-ring weft excluded); allow up to two weeks to become comfortable with hair extensions.
- Extensions may be painful or uncomfortable the first few days.
- Before washing, brush all tangles out using gentle strokes. Brush hair from the root down with a recommended hair extension brush up to three to four times daily.
- Do NOT leave bonds wet for long periods of time. After being in a pool, hot tub, body of water, or any other chemically treated water, wash thoroughly with a PH balanced formula – colours and quality of hair may be altered depending on the chemical make-up of water treatment systems. Hair extensions are not recommended for use in chlorinated water, salt water, and hard water with a high mineral content or in hotter climates than normally accustomed to as damage or discolouration can occur.
- We recommend pulling hair back into a loose braid or secure top-knot with a soft hair tie when going to sleep to prevent tangling/matting.
- ONLY use extension products prescribed by your hair extension technician. Do not use any over the counter chemicals such as; perm solution, permanent or semi-permanent hair colour, shampoos that contain sulfate, or any products not approved by the technician/salon.
- Do not apply any oil-based products directly to the bond, instead hydrate hair mid-shaft down with serums and/or oils.
- When styling with hot tools, avoid heat to the bond.
- DO NOT USE natural and organic shampoo and conditioners.
Home Care For My Extension
In Salon Maintenance
- Scheduled maintenance appointments are recommended every 2.5-4 months depending on the condition of your extensions and natural hair.
- If you have any questions/concerns during the duration of the install, please contact Love’s In The Hair.
- Love’s In The Hair is not responsible for any colour change/damage done to the hair if Blue/Purple/Silver or toning shampoo is used.
- Extensions MUST be removed professionally (recommended to be removed at Love’s In The Hair, as our products work together) and that if they are not maintained/removed in a timely manner, it is solely your responsibility for the end result of your natural hair.
When getting extensions we cannot stress enough about using the right products to make your new investment last and look picture perfect, no matter the occasion. The sexyhair brand has now come out with an extension-specific haircare line — and we are absolutely IN LOVE with it!
- All products are sulphate free and safe for colour treated hair
- Specifically designed for long hair and extensions
- Contains biotin, which keeps your natural hair strong so it can continue to grow throughout the duration of your extension wear
- Includes moringa oil to help to detangle and keep hair smooth and shiny
Products In This Line That We Suggest
- long sexyhair Colour Safe Luxurious Shampoo for long hair and extensions
- long sexyhair Colour Safe Luxurious Conditioner for long hair and extensions
- long sexyhair Luxe Detangler
- long sexyhair Luxe Dry Shampoo
- long sexyhair Luxe Blow Out Spray
We also suggest Biosilk Original Silk Therapy Serum for everyday use.